"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell". -C. S. Lewis

Friday, August 25, 2006

God as the Glue

Sometimes it would seem that God does not speak but I think rather the issue is one of listening. Perhaps it's the decision he waits for before speaking or before he begins to move.... I heard a word today following a decision I made to suffer through a temptation in me, a word that seems logical enough but for some reason I continue to miss. The word was, Suffering is hard, the strong christian man is one of suffering. That is what you must become. In our weakness he makes us strong is a line I have heard over and over again and felt I believed and knew deeply. I was wrong. I know nothing of suffering, I know medication, I know escape, I know how to hide more than I would care to admit. So today I start my suffering, today I come out of hiding, today my escape becomes Christ.
I pray my heart continues to listen to the heart of God and a be softened by it's all consuming love.

And for a certain livingpalm I know...... a C.S. Lewis quote!

"'Don't you mind him,' said Puddleglum. 'There are no accidents. Our guide is Aslan.'"

--The Silver Chair

2 Comments:

Blogger tamarahillmurphy.com said...

thank you!!

ps. i am a fellow escape artist of all things pertaining to pain and suffering...i am only a little bit learning the joy of sharing that part of my identity in Christ recently...you are not alone

August 26, 2006 7:29 AM

 
Blogger crazyfun said...

I'm excited for you in your next step of the journey. When you get discouraged pray hard for God to cover you with His power. Way to go!

August 26, 2006 4:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home