"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell". -C. S. Lewis

Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Nail Should Be Enough



I don't normally post on the weekends but I was bored and online so here I am! Today's church service was excellent, I felt push and pulled and promted by the spirit in so many aspects. I definately had an appointment with the lord today, although I think I may have missed an important part of it. I should have gone forward at the end to pray...but I chose not to. I sat there and wrestled with God and talked myself out of it. Why? Good question. I decided in my own mind that I didn't need to do that...that I could deal with God on my own, that I didn't need to deal with it there for all the world to see. But now I'm thinking, well maybe I did need to do it there....maybe God wanted me to do it for some reason that is beyond my understanding. Chances are it's beyond my understanding....as most of Gods plans are! I by no means think i've missed the boat or anything....I just think I missed an chance to respond to a call God put on me in the moment and I'm not sure what the impact of that might be....and probably never will. All I can do is promise myself that next time God speaks to me......I'll listen.



"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world."

--The Problem of Pain -C.S. Lewis

1 Comments:

Blogger crazyfun said...

I have been in that place many times. Not much to say, but keep truckin' forward!

September 05, 2006 1:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home