"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell". -C. S. Lewis

Friday, November 03, 2006

Our Enemy, Defeated

Though all our Glory extinct, and happy state
Here swallow'd up in endless misery.
But what if he our Conquerour, (whom I now
Of force believe Almighty, since no less
Then such could hav orepow'rd such force as ours)

-Milton


We battle against a defeated enemy... This should encourage us in amazing ways!
The struggles we face day to day have one goal, to make us lose the connection we are design to have with our creator. It's a plan hatched by our enemy to steal away what we have been granted by God, our place in heaven. We must fight to keep constant connection with him, to bring other to him. There is no other purpose.
We have to swat away the demonic distractions in our life to see the clear picture.
God gives us the ability to do this with suprising ease when we are willing to fall in line with his will, not our own.

Lord make me a trophy of your victory over the dark places,
May your will be my will, May your heart be my heart.
Teach me to administer grace in a godly fashion.
Teach me to be humble.
Teach me to see selfish pride.
Lord thank you for all you've done.

Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home