"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell". -C. S. Lewis

Friday, October 20, 2006

Seeing the Forest



Sometimes it’s just so hard to take your eyes off the trees, to zoom out and see the bigger picture. I find myself sometimes spending amazing amounts of time studying a single point of life while life zips on past me in every direction. Meanwhile I’m standing there in a stupor wondering what the heck is going on. I can’t fathom the things I’ve missed while focusing on the wrong things, I think God brings things into our life sometimes just to show us something or to draw our attention to him but instead we end up thinking that the very thing he has presented us with is THE point rather than, HIM.

Why can’t I just get my brain out of this world long enough to see the bigger picture? I’m an eternal creature…. An everlasting being, created for a purpose. Not just ”a” purpose but a purpose that’s greater than anything we can see or understand.

God, show me what I need to see….. fill me with a longing to follow you, to understand you better,to love you and know you more. I pray that this false self inside of me would be revealed and brought to the alter of your love.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post disturbs me. Only because of my own crap.

October 23, 2006 12:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home