"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell". -C. S. Lewis

Friday, September 22, 2006

Faith and Feelings

"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia."

--The Silver Chair



I've been thinking alot lately about the obedience that God wants me to have even with a lack of "feeling" that he is there. The fact is that he is there, even if I don't know it or feel it. Could it be that he desires for me to long for him even in the driest of deserts? Too search for him even when it's to dark to see? To reach out and know that his hand will find mine, when I can't find his? I think so. I think he blesses our longing for his peace and love. There is an empty cistern in my heart that can only be filled by Christ's love. Any other content will leak out and taint my fragile heart. But the love of Christ will stay constant and overflow becoming a wellspring within my soul.

Lord Jesus saturate my flesh and soul with you all consuming love, fill me to the brim with you.... Place in me a longing for you that cannot be quenched by anything of this earth. Bring me close to you and hide me beneath your wings, take me to a secret place and hide me from thine enemys. Protect and watch over me all the days of my life.

Amen.

7 Comments:

Blogger crazyfun said...

Hmmmm, what should I say? It is hard for me to read your posts right now as you are communicating with God. I how ever am having a really hard time doing that. I'm glad that you can, pray for me.

September 23, 2006 10:06 AM

 
Blogger likeawhore said...

That is deep. It is too early for me to post anything coherent, but I you really have an eloquence that I envy.

September 25, 2006 8:25 AM

 
Blogger crazyfun said...

I just wanted to let you know that I deleted my blog. The thing I feared that would happened, did happen. I don't know if I can go back to blogging myself. I will keep up on yours.

September 25, 2006 8:39 AM

 
Blogger tamarahillmurphy.com said...

is that why I can't find healingrain online this morning??

September 25, 2006 8:43 AM

 
Blogger BurningAlive said...

Hmmmm...well I don't know what to say to that deb, I'm sorry to hear that you decided to remove your blog. I know it was a good thing for you in alot of ways. To Zach, Hi! Glad to see you here. Livingpalm...glad to see your post and comment! Even though it wasen't like you were talking to me or anything....lol.

September 25, 2006 10:17 AM

 
Blogger crazyfun said...

yes, livingpalm
I don't know if I will for awhile. Sorry.

September 25, 2006 8:06 PM

 
Blogger tamarahillmurphy.com said...

debbie, that bums me out...

September 27, 2006 9:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home