"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell". -C. S. Lewis

Friday, September 15, 2006

Hinds Feet and Other Such Places.....




So I bought the book Hinds Feet on High Places today and read chapter one. I'm loving it so far and it's touching more places in me than I would have thought, and yes I do realize that this is a book that's been a topic of discussion in our church for like....years. So I'm alittle behind! Cut me some slack people! I'm also reading Waking the Dead for the second time (For a cell group) and the Three Battleground (on my own) And I still need to get the second book in Ted Dekkers Circle series "Red".....when will this madness stop? And yes HealingRain I am actually "reading" some of these books (No Cheating!).

I do believe that I have been very Much-Afraid in so many ways in my life, Wanting the peace that God offers but never quite figuring how to rest there.

Giving all of me is the only way, completely falling backwards into his more that capable arms. His arms are the perfect fit for my broken body, my broken soul, to hold my broken heart. I was made with the purpose of breathing his breath, surrendering my will to his, to being a cistern of his overflowing love.

May I be that more and more everyday. Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger crazyfun said...

You know, I need to get that book out again. I think it would be a great encouragement for me right now.

I'm glad you are "actually" reading. :)

September 15, 2006 3:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home